- Flinders, David J., 1955-
- Thornton, Stephen J.
- Education -- United States -- Curricula -- Philosophy.
- Curriculum planning -- United States
- Curriculum change -- United States
- 0415945232 (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the Second Edition Introduction I. Looking Back: A Prologue to Curriculum Studies 1. Scientific Method in Curriculum-making, Franklin Bobbitt 2. My Pedagogic Creed, John Dewey 3. The Public School and the Immigrant Child, Jane Addams 4. Dare the School Build a New Social Order? George S. Counts 5. The Rise of Scientific Curriculum Making and its Aftermath, Herbert M. Kliebard II. Curriculum at Education: Center Stage 6. Basic Principles of Curriculum and Instruction , Ralph Tyler 7. School Curriculum Reform in the United States, John I. Goodlad 8. Objectives, W. James Popham 9. Educational Objectives--Help or Hindrance? Elliot W. Eisner 10. The Daily Grind, Philip W. Jackson 11. The Practical: A Language for Curriculum, Joseph J. Schwab III. Reconceptualizing Curriculum Theory 12. Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire 13. Curriculum and Consciousness, Maxine Greene 14. The Reconceptualization of Curriculum Studies, William F. Pinar 15. The Paideia Proposal, Mortimer Adler 16. The False Promise of the Paideia: A Critical Review of The Paideia Proposal, Nel Noddings 17. Implementation as Mutual Adaptation: Change in Classroom Organization, Milbrey Wallin McLaughlin 18. Controlling the Work of Teachers, Michael W. Apple IV. After a Century of Curriculum Thought: Change and Continuity 19. How Schools Shortchange Girls: Three Perspectives on Curriculum, American Association of University Women (AAUW) 20. HIV/AIDS Education: Toward a Collaborative Curriculum, Jonathan Silin 21. The Four R's--An Alternative to the Tyler Rationale, William E. Doll Jr. 22. The Burdens of the New Curricularist, Peter Hlebowitsh 23. Voluntary National Tests Would Improve Education, Marshall S. Smith, David L. Stevenson, and Christine P. Li 24. Creating New Inequalities: Contradictions of Reform, Linda M. McNeil 25. Teaching for Cultural Literacy: A Curriculum Study, David J. Flinders 26. What Does It Mean To Say a School Is Doing Well? Elliot W. Eisner 27..
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue