- Labour Party (Great Britain) -- History -- 20th century.
- Local government -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Labour unions -- Great Britain -- Political activity -- History -- 20th century.
- Working class -- Great Britain -- Political activity -- History -- 20th century.
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Labour's grass roots, Matthew Worley; Elections, leaflets and whist drives: constituency party members in Britain between the wars, Stuart Ball, Andrew Thorpe, Matthew Worley; Following the procession: Scottish Labour, 1918 - 45, Catriona Macdonald; 'Happy hunting ground of the crank'? The Independent Labour Party and local Labour politics in Glasgow and Norwich, 1932 - 45, Gidon Cohen; Making politics in local communities: Labour women in interwar Manchester, Karen Hunt; Labour's family: local Labour parties, trade unions and trades councils in cotton Lancashire, 1931 - 39, Andrew Flinn; The reactions of municipal voters in Yorkshire to the second Labour government, 1929 - 31, Sam Davies and Bob Morley; The political dividend: co-operative parties in the Midlands, 1917 - 39, Nicole Robertson; Gender, civic culture and politics in South Wales: explaining Labour municipal policy, 1918 - 39, Duncan Tanner; Sociable capital: London's Labour parties, 1918 - 45, Daniel Weinbren; 'One of the most backward areas of the country': The Labour Party's grass roots in South West England, 1918 - 45, Andrew Thorpe; The formation of party milieux: branch life in the British Labour Party and the German Social Democratic Party in the interwar period, Stefan Berger; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue