- Gambling -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
- Lotteries -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
- Oxford socio-legal studies
- 0199276153 (pbk.)
- 0198256728 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 519-530.
- PART ONE: THEN; 1. Gaming in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries; 2. Gaming in the Early Nineteenth Century: The Gaming Act 1845; 3. Gaming in the Late Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries; 4. 4 The Challenge of New Technology: Gaming Machines; 5. The Rise and Fall of the State Lottery: The State Lotteries 1694-1826; 6. The Re-emergence of The Private Lottery: 1823-1932; 7. The Re-emergence of The Public Lottery: 1932-1975; 8. Betting and Bookmaking: Social class and the racecourse bookmaker; 9. Street Betting: Enacting Prohibition; 10. Street Betting: Prohibition and its Consequences; 11. Going to the Dogs: Gambling, Leisure, and the Home Office; PART TWO: NOW; 12. The Social and Economic Regulation of Commercial Gambling: A Model; 13. The Regulation of Casino Gaming; 14. The Regulation of the National Lottery; 15. The Implementation of the National Lottery: Concerns and Consequences; 16. Deregulation and Structural Change.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue