- Liebling, Alison, 1963-
- Maruna, Shadd
- Imprisonment -- Psychological aspects.
- Imprisonment -- Social aspects.
- Cambridge criminal justice series
- 184392093X (hbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
- Foreword 1 Introduction: the effects of imprisonment revisited Alison Liebling and Shadd Maruna (Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge) 2 The Pains of Imprisonment: a new agenda for policy and research Robert Johnson (The American University) 3 The Contextual Revolution in Psychology and the Question of Prison Effects Craig Haney (University of California, Santa Cruz) 4 Doing Her Own Time: women's coping in prison Candace Kruschnitt (University of Minnesota) 5 A New Inmate Code: the origins, functions and effects of contemporary inmate values Ben Crewe (University of Cambridge) 6 Survival and Adaptation among Young Prisoners Joel Harvey (University of Cambridge) 7 The Effects of Prison Work Helen Arnold (University of Cambridge) 8 Distress, Suicide and Legitimacy in Prisons Alison Liebling (University of Cambridge) 9 Language, Culture, Identity and Coping in Israeli Prisons Tomer Einat 10 Release and Adjustment: perspectives from studies of wrongly convicted and politically motivated prisoners Adrian Grounds (University of Cambridge) and Ruth Jamieson (Keele University) 11 Imprisonment and the Penal Body Politic: the cancer of disciplinary Governance Pat Carlen (Keele University) 12 Forms of violence and regimes in prison Sonja Snacken (Vrje Universiteit Brussels) 13 Ageing Prisons and Identity Richard Sparks and Elaine Crawley (Keele University) 14 Lifer Sentence Prisoners and Identity Change Yvonne Jewkes (Hull University) 15 Some Reflections on Prison Effects Hans Toch (University at Albany, SUNY) Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue