- Chase, Elaine, 1962-
- Simon, Antonia.
- Jackson, Sonia
- University of London. Thomas Coram Research Unit.
- Foster children -- Great Britain
- Foster home care -- Great Britain
- Youth -- Institutional care -- Great Britain
- Youth with social disabilities -- Great Britain.
- 0415352541 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- "Studies ... carried out at the Thomas Coram Research Unit at the Institute of Education, University of London"--Ack.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction Part one: What do we Know? Key policies and statistics on looked after children in care or leaving care and the role of advocacy "Elaine Chase, Antonia Simon and Sonia Jackson " 2. Looking After Children Away From Home: An historical overview of policy and practice "Sonia Jackson" 3. Advocacy for Looked After Children: Can it make a positive difference? "Chris Oliver " 4. Outcomes for Children in Public Care: The national picture "Antonia Simon and Charlie Owen" Part two: Looking for the Positives: Some of the positive experiences and/or outcomes for young people in care or leaving care from case study evidence 5. Educational Outcomes for Children in Public Care "Sonia Jackson, Sarah Ajayi and Margaret Quigley" 6. Does Early Parenthood Spell Disaster or Opportunity? "Elaine Chase and Abigail Knight" 7. Going Private: Young People in Private Foster Arrangements "Charlie Owen and Sofka Barreau "8. Social Pedagogy in Europe: Comparisons of the quality of life and life chances or looked after children "Pat Petrie" Part three: Learning from Research: Policy recommendations 9. The Research Information Base: Processes and Problems "Claire Cameron, Valerie Wigfall, Antonia Simon and Charlie Owen" Conclusion: Policy Recommendations and Conclusions "Elaine Chase, Antonia Simon and Sonia Jackson".
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue