- Holland, James A.
- Webb, Julian S.
- Law -- Great Britain -- Methodology
- Law -- Great Britain -- Interpretation and construction
- Law -- Great Britain.
- Law -- European Union countries
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2003.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- 1. Understanding the law; 2. Finding the law; 3. Reading the law; 4. Law, fact, and language; 5. The doctrine of judicial precedent; 6. How precedent operates: ratio decidendi and obiter dictum; 7. Making sense of statutes; 8. Interpreting statutes; 9. 'Bringing rights home': legal method and convention rights; 10. European legal method; 11. Exploiting legal reasoning.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue