- Muncie, John
- Hughes, Gordon, 1952
- McLaughlin, Eugene, 1959-
- Open University Youth justice, penalty and social control D864
- Juvenile justice, Administration of
- Juvenile delinquents
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Published in association with the Open University.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- John Muncie and Gordon Hughes Modes of Youth Governance: Political Rationalities, Criminalisation and Resistance / PART ONE, FOLK DEVILS: THE CONSTRUCTION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF YOUTH AND CRIME / Harry Hendrick Constructions and Reconstructions of British Childhood: An Interpretative Survey, 1800 to the Present / Geoffrey Pearson Youth Crime and Moral Decline: Permissiveness and Tradition / Paul Gilroy Lesser Breeds Without the Law / Angela McRobbie and Sarah Thornton Rethinking Moral Panic for Multi-Mediated Social Words / Keith Hayward The Vilification and Pleasures of Youthful Transgression / PART TWO: THE ORIGINS OF YOUTH JUSTICE / Margaret May Innocence and Experience: The Evolution of the Concept of Juvenile Delinquency in the Mid-19th Century / Susan Magarey The Invention of Juvenile Delinquency in Early 19th Century England / John Clarke The Three Rs: Repression, Rescue and Rehabilitation / Peter Rush The Government of a Generation: The Subject of Juvenile Delinquency / Heather Shore Reforming the Juvenile: Gender, Justice and the Child Criminal in 19th Century England / PART THREE: POSITIVISM AND WELFARISM / Anthony Platt The Triumph of Benevolence: The Origins of the Juvenile Justice System in the United States / David Garland Penal Strategies in the Welfare State / Anthony Bottoms On the Decriminalization of English Juvenile Courts / Janice McGhee, Lorraine Waterhouse and Bill Whyte Children's Hearings and Children in Trouble / Loraine Glesthorpe and Allison Morris Restorative Youth Justice: The Last Vestiges of Welfare? / PART FOUR: JUSTICE, DIVERSION AND RIGHTS / James Austin and Barry Krisberg Wider, Stronger and Different Nets: The Dialectics of Criminal Justice Reform / Stewart Asquith Justice, Retribution and Children / John Clarke Whose Justice? The Politics of Juvenile Control / Annie Hudson Troublesome Girls: Towards Alternative Definitions and Policies / Phil Scraton and Deena Haydon Challenging the Criminalization of Chil.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue