- Lowes, Lesley, 1950-
- Hulatt, Ian.
- Medical care -- Research -- Great Britain -- Citizen participation.
- Social service -- Research -- Great Britain -- Citizen participation.
- Public health -- Research -- Great Britain -- Citizen participation.
- Medical care -- Research -- Methodology
- Social service -- Research -- Methodology
- Public health -- Research -- Methodology
- 0415346479 (pbk.)
- 0415346460 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Foreword Introduction. 1 Theory and practice of user involvement in research: making the connection with public policy and practice "Peter Beresford" 2 Actively involving marginalized and vulnerable people in research "Roger Steel" 3 Supporting people with learning difficulties to do their own research "Val Williams and Mouse England" 4 A hard fight: the involvement of mental health service users in research A User Focus Monitoring Group 5 Translating health policy into research practice "Paula Hodgson and Krysia Canvin "6 Foster carers undertake research into birth family contact: using the social action research approach "Jennie Fleming "7 From recruitment to dissemination: the experience of working together from service user and professional perspectives "Marion Clark, Helen Lester and Jon Glasby" 8 Consumer-led research? Parents as researchers: the child health surveillance project "Brenda Roche, Philippa Savile, Daphine Aikins and Amy Scammell "9 Consumer involvement in cancer research in the United Kingdom: the benefits and challenges "Tony Stevens and David Wilde with: David Kirby, Derek Stewart, Dawn Wragg, Sam Ahmedzai, David Cunningham and Janet Darbyshire "10 Community action to housing and health research "Meryl Basham, Diane Stockton and Michelle Lake "11 Helping older people to share the research journey "Mary Leamy" 12 Really making it happen in Wiltshire: the experience of service users evaluating social care "Clare Evans and Ray Jones "13 Research with children who use NHS services: sharing the experience "Tina Moules" 14 From rhetoric to reality: the involvement of children and young people with mental ill health in research" Julia Waldman "15 Strategies for involving service users in outcomes focused research "Hannah Morgan and Jennifer Harris" 16 Working with older women in research: the opportunities and dilemmas of involvement "Joanne Cook and Lorna Warren" 17 Service user involvement at all stages of the research proces.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue