- McArdle, William D.
- Katch, Frank I
- Katch, Victor L
- Exercise -- Physiological aspects
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins,
- 0781749905 (hbk)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2001.
- Internet access card in front pocket.
- Accompanied by CD-ROM in pocket.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: A View of the Past Exercise Physiology: Roots and Historical Perspectives NUTRITION: THE BASE FOR HUMAN PERFORMANCE Carbohydrates, Lipids, and Proteins Vitamins, Minerals, and Water Optimal Nutrition for Exercise ENERGY FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY Energy Value of Food Introduction to Energy Transfer Energy Transfer in the Body Energy Transfer in Exercise Measurement of Human Energy Expenditure Human Energy Expenditure During Rest and Physical Activity Energy Expenditure During Walking, Jogging, Running, and Swimming Individual Differences and Measurement of Energy Capacities SYSTEMS OF ENERGY DELIVERY AND UTILIZATION Pulmonary Structure and Function Gas Exchange and Transport Dynamics of Pulmonary Ventilation The Cardiovascular System Cardiovascular Regulation and Integration Functional Capacity of the Cardiovascular System Skeletal Muscle: Structure and Function Neural Control of Human Movement The Endocrine System ENHANCEMENT OF ENERGY CAPACITY Training for Anaerobic and Aerobic Power Muscular Strength: Training Muscles to Become Stronger Special Aids to Exercise Performance and Conditioning EXERCISE PERFORMANCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL STRESS Exercise at Medium and High Altitude Exercise and Thermal Stress Sport Diving Microgravity: The Last Frontier BODY COMPOSITION, ENERGY BALANCE, AND WEIGHT CONTROL Body Composition Assessment Physique, Performance, and Physical Activity Obesity and Weight Control EXERCISE, SUCCESSFUL AGING, AND DISEASE PREVENTION Physical Activity, Health, and Aging Clinical Exercise Physiology for Cancer, Cardiovascular, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation ON THE HORIZON Molecular Biology: A New Vista for Exercise Physiology Appendix A: The Metric System and Conversion Constants in Exercise Physiology Appendix B: Nutritive Values for Common Foods, Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Beverages, and Specialty and Fast-Food Items Appendix C: Energy Expenditure in Household, Occupational, Recreational, and Sports Activities Appendix D:.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue