- Tizard, Barbara
- Hughes, Martin, 1949 May 15-
- Learning, Psychology of
- Children -- Language
- Cognition in children
- Home and school
- Mother and child
- Nursery schools
- Teacher-student relationships
- Speech and social status
- Understanding children's worlds
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: London : Fontana, 1984.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword: Judy Dunn. Preface . 1. Why We Studied Children Learning. 2. How We Carried Out this Study. 3. Learning at Home: Play, Games, Stories and 'Lessons'. 4. Learning at Home: Living and Talking Together. 5. The Puzzling Mind of the Four-Year-Old. 6. Working-class Verbal Deprivation: Myth or Reality? 7. An Afternoon with Donna and Her Mother. 8. How the Children Fared at Nursery School. 9. The Working-class Girls, Including Donna, at School. 10. The Gap Between Home and Nursery School. 11. Young Children Learning. Statistical Appendix . Notes. index of Children. General index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue