- Women -- Arab countries -- Social conditions
- Muslim women -- Social conditions
- Sexism -- Arab countries -- History.
- Feminism -- Arab countries
- Muslim women -- Attitudes.
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: 1992.
- Includes bibliographical references and index..
- PART I: The Pre-Islamic Middle East Chapter 1 Mesopotamia Chapter 2 The Mediterranean Middle East PART II: Founding Discourses Chapter 3 Women and the Rise of Islam Chapter 4 The Transitional Age Chapter 5 Elaboration of the Founding Discourses Chapter 6 Medieval Islam PART III: New Discourses Chapter 7 Social and Intellectual Change Chapter 8 The Discourse of the Veil Chapter 9 The First Feminists Chapter 10 Divergent Voices Chapter 11 The Struggle for the Future Conclusion Notes Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue