- Bequette, Wayne B., 1957-
- Process control -- Mathematical models
- Manufacturing processes -- Mathematical models
- Prentice Hall PTR ; Pearson Education Ltd,
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. 1. Introduction. Introduction. Instrumentation. Process Models and Dynamic Behavior. Control Textbooks and Journals. A Look Ahead. Summary. Student Exercises.2. Fundamental Models. Background. Balance Equations. Material Balances. Constitutive Relationships. Material and Energy Balances. Form of Dynamic Models. Linear Models and Deviation Variables. Summary. Suggested Reading. Student Exercises. Appendix 2.1: Solving Algebraic Equations. Appendix 2.2: Integrating Ordinary Differential Equations.3. Dynamic Behavior. Background. Linear State Space Models. Introduction to Laplace Transforms. Transfer Functions. First-Order Behavior. Integrating System. Second-Order Behavior. Lead-Lag Behavior. Poles and Zeros. Processes with Dead Time. Pade Approximation for Dead Time. Converting State Space Models to Transfer Functions. MATLAB and SIMULINK. Summary. References. Student Exercises.4. Empirical Models. Introduction. First-Order + Dead Time. Integrator + Dead Time. Discrete-Time Autoregressive Models. Parameter Estimation. Discrete Step and Impulse Response Models. Summary. References. Student Exercises. Appendix 4.1: Files Used to Generate Example 4.4. Appendix 4.2.5. Introduction to Feedback Control. Motivation. Development of Control Block Diagrams. Response to Setpoint Changes. PID Controller Algorithms. Routh Stability Criterion. Effect of Tuning Parameters. Response to Disturbances. Open-Loop Unstable Systems. SIMULINK Block Diagrams. Summary. References. Student Exercises.6. PID Controller Tuning. Introduction. Closed-Loop Oscillation-Based Tuning. Tuning Rules for First-Order + Dead Time Processes. Direct Synthesis. Summary. References. Student Exercises.7. Frequency-Response Analysis. Motivation. Bode and Nyquist Plots. Closed-Loop Stability Concepts. Bode and Nyquist Stability. Robustness. MATLAB Control Toolbox: Bode and Nyquist Functions. Summary. Reference. Student Exercises.8. Internal Model Control. Introduction to Model-Bas.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue