- Riordan, James, 1936-
- Krüger, Arnd.
- Sports -- Political aspects -- History -- 20th century.
- Sport and state -- History -- 20th century.
- Sports -- Social aspects -- History -- 20th century.
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Part 1: The unfinished symphony. A History of the Olympic Games from Coubertin to Samaranch - A. Kruger. FIFA - B. Murray. The impact of communism on sport - A. Kruger. Strength through joy: the culture of consent under fascism, nazism and Francoism - A. Kruger. Religion and sport - S. Scharenberg. The worker sports movement - J. Riordan. Part 2: Women in sport and society - A. Muller. The rise of black athletes in the USA - O. Harris. Disability sport - G. Doll-Tepper. The homosexual and homoerotic in sport - A. Kruger. Sport and terrorism - B. Wedemeyer. Sport in South Africa - G. Jarvie and I Reid. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue