- Monteverdi, Claudio, 1567-1643. Vocal music..
- Feminism and music
- Women singers -- Italy.
- Vocal music -- Italy -- 17th century -- History and criticism.
- Madrigals, Italian -- Italy -- 17th century -- History and criticism.
- Cambridge University Press,
- New perspectives in music history and criticism
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 208-228) and index.
- Introduction; 1. Vocal anatomies: mouths, breath and throats in early modern Italy; 2. Back talk: the power of female song on the stage; 3. Madrigalian desire: the convergence of love and sex in madrigals; 4. Emblazoning Angioletta: musical fantasies and dissection; 5. Angry ladies: changing experiences of sensations; Coda.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue