- McCarter, Robert.
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959.
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century.
- Architecture -- Philosophy.
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 368-369.
- Introduction: Abstract Essence: Drawing Wright from the Obvious by Robert McCarter, editor; ON FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT; CHAPTER 1. Academic Tradition and Individual Talent:Similarity and Difference in the Formation of Frank Lloyd Wright by Patrick Pinnell; CHAPTER 2. Evolution of the Prairie House by Werner Seligmann; CHAPTER 3. Chicago Frame by Colin Rowe; CHAPTER 4. Architectural Practice and Social Vision in Wright's Early Designs by Gwendolyn Wright; CHAPTER 5. Schooling the Prairie School: Wright's Early Style as a Communicable System by David Van Zanten; CHAPTER 6. Form and Philosophy: Froebel's Kindergarten Training and the Early Work of Frank Lloyd Wright by Richard MacCormac; CHAPTER 7. Enspacement: The Main Sequence - from 4 to 6: Analysis of Wright's Steel Cathedral Project by Otto Antonia Graf; CHAPTER 8. The Text-Tile Tectonic: The Origin and Evolution of Wright's Woven Architecture by Kenneth Frampton; CHAPTER 9. Warp and Woof: A Spatial Analysis of Wright's Usonian Houses by John Sergeant; CHAPTER 10. Frank Lloyd Wright: From the Prairie House to Fallingwater by Bernhard Hoesli; CHAPTER 11. A Beat of the Rhythmic Clock of Nature: Frank Lloyd Wright's Waterfall Buildings by Kathryn Smith; CHAPTER 12. Frank Lloyd Wright's Diagonal Planning, Revisited by Neil Levine; CHAPTER 13. Consecrated Spaces: The Public Buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright by Jonathan Lipman; CHAPTER 14. The Integrated Ideal: Ordering Principles in the Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright by Robert McCarter; BY FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT; "In the Cause of Architecture" (1908); "The Logic of the Plan" (1928); "In the Nature of Materials: A Philosophy" and "Integrity" (1932/1954); NOTES; ESSAY and ILLUSTRATION CREDITS; AUTHOR BIOGRAPHIES; BIBLIOGRAPHY.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue