- Pounds, Norman John Greville.
- Castles -- England. -- History -- To 1500.
- Castles -- Wales -- History -- To 1500.
- Cambridge University Press,
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface; Part I. The First Century of English Feudalism: 1. Castles of the Conquest; 2. The castle in politics and war; 3. A pattern of castles; Part II. The Thirteenth Century: 4. The royal castle and public administration; 5. The castle in peace and war; 6. The baronial castle; 7. The frontier regions of medieval England; 8. Castle and community; 9. Castle and church; Part III. The Castle in the Later Middle Ages: 10. The changing role of the castle; 11. Tower-house, pele and bastle; 12. Conclusion.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue