- McConville, Michael
- Wilson, Geoffrey, 1930-
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- Great Britain
- Criminal procedure -- Great Britain.
- Criminal law -- Great Britain.
- 0199254605 (cased)
- 0199253951 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface; Introduction; 1. The Structure and Organization of Criminal Justice in England and Wales: An Overview; 2. The Organization and Accountability of the Police; 3. Police Investigative Powers; 4. Covert Surveillance and the Use of Informants; 5. Regulating the Police Station: the Case of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984; 6. Assisting and Advising Defendants Before Trial; 7. Bail in Criminal Cases; 8. The Right to Representation and Legal Aid; 9. The System of Prosecution; 10. Alternatives to Prosecution; 11. Evidence in Criminal Cases; 12. The Exchange of Information and Disclosure; 13. Publicity Surrounding the Trial; 14. Special Measures for Witnesses and Victims; 15. Science, Experts and Criminal Justice; 16. Magistrates; 17. The Role of the Advocate; 18. The Role of the Judge in Criminal Cases; 19. The Adversary Trail and Trial by Judge Alone; 20. Plea Bargaining; 21. Trial by Jury; 22. Juvenile Justice; 23. Economic Crime; 24. Mentally Abnormal Offenders - Disposal and Criminal Responsibility Issues; 25. The Sentencing Process; 26. Criminal Appeals: The Purpose of Criminal Appeals; 27. Miscarriages of Justice and the Correction of Error; 28. Restorative Justice: Assessing the Prospects and Pitfalls; 29. Research, Statistics and Knowledge of Crime.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue