- John, of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, 1340-1399.
- Civilization, Medieval -- 14th century
- Nobility -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- 0582502187 (cased) :
- 9780582502185 (cased) :
- 0582098130 (pbk.) :
- 9780582098138 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Bibliography: p383-396. - Includes index.
- 1. The inheritance of Edward III and Richard II. 2. Gaunt in history. 3. The Education of a prince (1340-61). 4. Rise to power (1361-77). 5. From dominance to exile (1377-81). 6. Gaunt and Richard II (1381-6) 7. Gaunt and Iberian affairs. 8. From dominance to crisis (1389-99). 9. Gaunt and Christendom. 10. Gaunt and warfare. 11. Gaunt and the Church. 12. Gaunt and the secular peerage. 13. Lancastrian residences and governmental institutions. 14. Gaunt's regional interests, estate administration and finances. 15. Gaunt characterised. Conclusion Calender of documents Bibliography Maps and tables Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue