Archive for the ‘Horizon LMS’ Category
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Library Management System (Horizon) is currently down. The following library services have been affected by this unplanned downtime:
- library catalogue (inc. renewals, etc)
- telephone renewals
- all library self-service facilities
- inter-library loan requests
- room bookings
The Horizon Library Management System server experienced a problem at 4am this morning which resulted in it being unavailable until 8am. We are currently investigating the cause.
The following services were unavailable during the downtime:
- library web catalogue (webcat.hud.ac.uk)
- self-service issues and returns
- renewals (library catalogue, telephone and self-service)
As we are currently in a period of 24/7 opening, we apologise to any users who were unable to use the above services during the 4 hours of unplanned downtime.
Due to an upcoming upgrade of the Storage Area Network (SAN), we’ll be carrying out an upgrade of the Horizon server at the start of the week commencing 16th February.
We’re hoping to keep the actual downtime to a minimum. When it does occur, the downtime will affect the following services:
1) library catalogue
2) book renewals (via the library catalogue, the automated telephone renewals system, and the self-issue machines)
3) book issues and returns via the self-issue machines
During the downtime, any items to be borrowed or returned should be taken to the main Lending Counter.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the downtime causes.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Horizon LMS category.