- The art of Bertolt Brecht (1963) / Weideli, Walter
- The theatre of Bertolt Brecht : a study from eight aspects (3rd ed, 1977) / Willett, John
- Psychophysical acting : an intercultural approach after Stanislavski (2008) / Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- Theatre audiences : a theory of production and reception (2nd ed, 1997) / Bennett, Susan
- Acting (re)considered : a theoretical and practical guide (2002) / Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- Acting (re)considered : theories and practices (1995) / Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- Peter Brook : a theatrical casebook (1992) / Williams, David
- Twentieth century actor training (2000) / Hodge, Alison
- Brecht on theatre : the development of an aesthetic (1978) / Brecht, Bertolt
- Learning through theatre : new perspectives on theatre in education (2nd ed, 1993) / Jackson, Tony
- Towards a poor theatre (1976) / Grotowski, Jerzy
- An actor prepares (1964) / Stanislavsky, Konstantin