- The unknown Mayhew : selections from the 'Morning Chronicle', 1849-1850 (1971) / Mayhew, Henry
- The essential Mayhew : representing and communicating the poor (1996) / Taithe, Bertrand
- London labour and the London poor (1985) / Mayhew, Henry
- The Norman Conquest (1966) / Matthew, Donald
- The Norman Conquest. (2nd ed, 1967) / Loyn, H. R.
- The rise of socialism in Britain (1997) / Laybourn, Keith
- Anglo-Norman England 1066-1166 (1986) / Chibnall, Marjorie
- The rise of the Labour Party, 1880-1945 (1972) / Adelman, Paul
- Crime, policing and punishment in England, 1750-1914 (1998) / Taylor, David
- England under the Tudors. (1955) / Elton, G. R.
- France, 1815-1914 : the bourgeois century (1987) / Magraw, Roger
- The Labour Party, 1881-1951 : a reader in history (1988) / Laybourn, Keith
- Plague, population and the English economy, 1348-1530 (1977) / Hatcher, John
- Britain on the breadline : a social and political history of Britain between the wars (1990) / Laybourn, Keith