- The Black power movement : rethinking the civil rights-Black power era (2006) / Joseph, Peniel E.
- The remaking of the British working class, 1840-1940 (1994) / Savage, Michael
- The English Reformation : 1530-1570. (1989) / Sheils, W. J.
- Elizabeth I (2nd ed, 1998) / Haigh, Christopher
- Order and disorder in early modern England (1985) / Fletcher, Anthony J.
- Classes and cultures : England 1918-1951 (1998) / McKibbin, Ross
- The rise of the Nazis (1995) / Fischer, Conan
- The Anglo-Saxon age, c.400-1042 (1973) / Fisher, Douglas John Vivian
- Britain's decline : problems and perspectives (1987) / Sked, Alan
- Working class cultures in Britain 1890-1960 : gender, class, and ethnicity (1994) / Bourke, Joanna
- English society in the later Middle Ages : class, status and gender. (1995) / Rigby, S. H.
- The Black death (1994) / Horrox, Rosemary
- Twentieth-century Britain : economic, social, and cultural change (1994) / Johnson, Paul
- Britain on the breadline : a social and political history of Britain between the wars (1990) / Laybourn, Keith