- Battle cry of freedom : the Civil War era (1990) / McPherson, James M.
- Black civil rights in America (2000) / Verney, Kevin
- The huddled masses : the immigrant in American society, 1880-1921. (1982) / Kraut, Alan M.
- American slavery, 1619-1877 (1995) / Kolchin, Peter
- The social interpretation of the French Revolution (1964) / Cobban, Alfred
- Black leadership in America : from Booker T. Washington to Jesse Jackson (2nd ed, 1990) / White, John
- France 1814-1914 (1996) / Tombs, Robert
- The New Deal : the depression years, 1933-40 (1989) / Badger, Anthony J.
- France, 1815-1914 : the bourgeois century (1987) / Magraw, Roger
- The fourteenth century, 1307-1399. (1959) / McKisack, May
- Church and society in late medieval England (1993) / Swanson, R. N.
- Plague, population and the English economy, 1348-1530 (1977) / Hatcher, John
- The Labour Party, 1881-1951 : a reader in history (1988) / Laybourn, Keith
- Britain on the breadline : a social and political history of Britain between the wars (1990) / Laybourn, Keith