- Church courts, sex and marriage in England, 1570-1640 (1987) / Ingram, Martin
- Bodies and disciplines : intersections of literature and history in fifteenth-century England (1996) / Hanawalt, Barbara A.
- Britain in the century of total war : war, peace and social change. 1900-1967. (1968) / Marwick, Arthur
- Standards of living in the later Middle Ages : social change in England c.1200-1520 (1989) / Dyer, Christopher
- The early Tudor church and society, 1485-1529. (1993) / Thomson, John A. F.
- The English medieval town : a reader in English urban history 1200-1540 (1990) / Holt, Richard
- Early modern England : a social history, 1550-1760 (2nd ed, 1997) / Sharpe, J. A.
- Church and society in late medieval England (1993) / Swanson, R. N.
- The evolution of British social policy and the Welfare State : c.1800-1993. (1995) / Laybourn, Keith
- Modern Britain since 1906 : a reader (1999) / Laybourn, Keith
- Britain on the breadline : a social and political history of Britain between the wars (1990) / Laybourn, Keith